What we do is rarely easy. Achieving the best outcomes often requires the courage to face difficulty, to speak and stand by what we believe. And always strive to for the right thing. We explore new ways of thinking and are unafraid to try on and on. We are honest with ourselves, and actively seek feedback from others, our partners and clients. We ail for an enduring legacy, despite the short term priorities of our activity field.
Whatever the strength of the individual, we will accomplish more together. We put the team ahead of our personal success and commit to building its capability. We trust each other to deliver on our respective obligations. And all that, inspired by our begetter, mastermind and encourager, the president of the company, Pierre Weill.
Valorex, Involved In Oilseeds and Protein Crops Industry
The history of Valorex is that of a small enterprise, created in 1993 in the particular conviction to prospect better animal nutrition practices in the service of a global food chain. Ever since, Valorex carries its main philosophy: “Better feed the animals to assure better human nutrition”. Carrying this idea for more than 20 years, Valorex objective has always been to pass from the vegetable world to the world of the animal while feeding it well. Valorex involvement in the plant and herbs universe focuses on the cultivation of oilseeds and protein crops. This oil and protein seeds supply implies to Valorex its mission to lead the nutrition spinneret from the field to the farm.
Valorex, National Leader in Thermo-Extrusion
“Oilseeds and proteins crops should be cooked by thermo-extrusion in order to be digested by animals” or “VALORisation by EXtrusion”, that has been the project of the enterprise since 90’s when the first discussions about the protein autonomy were launched. In that time, Valorex founders were pondering over the following analysis:
- the soil can carry without any problem oilseeds and protein crops which are important to the healthy crop rotation,
- these low-input crops are interesting for the farmer, from the economical point of view,
- there is a technological barrier to the use of these seeds which are digested for only 40% of their potential when given crude to the animals,
- not-breeders farmers are reluctant to produce these seeds on uncertain market
- by developing cooking technologies adapted to these seeds (elimination of the antinutritional factors, improvement of the digestibility of fatty acids and proteins)...
- ... Valorex could demolish the major technological barrier
- so, Valorex will develop the PROTEIN AUTONOMY on the scale of all French farming and beyond it. Indeed, with the sharpened axe, particular approach of Valorex production – seeds blown over, a concept of flaxseed benefits revealing considering its omega-3 content.
Valorex, Going International
Since 2002, this reasoning represents the lever arm of Valorex activity at international scale. Its extruded production facilities in Switzerland, Portugal and Germany helps Valorex to expand its exports and to get closer to its historical and prospective partners. This relation goes further with the swelling of Valorex international presence not only due to Valorex high quality production but, which is more important, to its appealing commitment to save the planet by feeding animals, which is shared by some 30 international partners.