Bleu-Blanc-Coeur is an association which reunites all the actors of the food chain in their common quality goal of the human health, animal welfare and environmental responsibility.
Bleu-Blanc-Coeur Activity Basics
Ensure a respected food chain from the field to the plate
The Bleu-Blanc-Coeur collective approach aims to bring together all the stakeholders of agricultural sector, the food industry and the consumers who want to give a positive image to our food and to support its promotion (from the field to our plates).
Better feed men
The Bleu-Blanc-Coeur approach relies on a scientifically supported basis, on more than 170 scientific publications and 5 social studies. Thank to this strong scientific base, the Bleu-Blanc-Coeur initiative became the first approach with nutritional and environmental interest recognized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Health.
Better feed animals
We ensure the nutritional balance favoring over the best return of the plants with a high nutritional value, such as grass, alfalfa, flax, field beans... These plants and seeds are naturally provided in varied nutrients and complements with the advances nutritional interest for the animals while consuming it. With a varied diet which is not based almost exclusively on the systematic corn and soy use) we can improve the nutritional balance of our animal in the trough.
Preserve the environment
With the crop diversification (with the use of flax, alfalfa, lupine...), the Bleu-Blanc-Coeur farmers adopt the production methods which are favorable to the biodiversity and the environment. The Bleu-Blanc-Coeur initiative is a unique approach of greenhouse gases reducing adopted to the breeding’s’ needs and recognized by the United Nations at the multinational level.
The Bleu-Blanc-Coeur mission is therefore to gather all the actors involved in the responsible agriculture
- Supporting farmers who want to diversify their crop rotations and participate in preserving their environment;
- Support measures for the farmers seeing for better animal feeding and for advancing an objectified and measured approach of quality differentiation;
- Provide consumers with food quality products produced in compliance with the food chain and at a price accessible to everyone;
Indeed, as a part of its commitment to the National Food Program, the Bleu-Blanc-Coeur association is committed to ensuring an additional production cost of maximum 5% for all of its branches.
What are our missions ?
- To establish production specification and to ensure its fulfilment
- To set up and to coordinate “Farmer-Consumer array” which integrates vegetable sources of Omega 3 (fodder, flaxseed, rapeseed, alfalfa,...) in the animal diet
- To achieve scientific authentication (clinical studies,...)
- To coordinate nutritional communication in our products (linked to regulatory aspects)